Friday, May 13, 2011

Mashpee Commons Sidewalk Sale

Mashpee Commons will host an annual Spring Sidewalk Sale on May 13, 14, 15. Showcasing an array of chain ( Vineyard Vines, In the Pink, etc) and local independent retailers - this is a good chance to stock up some summer clothes for the family!

Check out the Lili Pad - a tiny home accessories shop. They have a selection of faux David Yurman jewelry that looks pretty darn similar to the real thing. At $20 versus $600, I think I can settle. In high school, I actually broke a $200 dollar tea pot in this shop. The china shattered across the wood floor, breaking into ten million pieces. I wanted to curl up and die. We've all had this feeling, you know, that indescribable feeling of complete dread. I didn't dare step foot in the store for years. Thankfully, I've since recovered from the humiliation, and can once again enjoy the offerings of this great local shop.

After you hit up the sale, try one of Mashpee Common's numerous lunch spots. Bleu is really delicious but on the expensive side. I highly recommend Siena; they have great great great brick oven pizza and a nice outdoor patio. Honestly, I've only ever had the "Pesto"- a white pizza with basil pesto, mozzarella, roasted red peppers and caramelized onions. Yum. But decide for yourself and take a look at the menu. After lunch, perhaps grab a bite of dessert at Cupcake Charlie's. I think we're experiencing a bit of a cupcake craze here in the US right now, but hey, I'm not complaining.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment