Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wellfleet Dreaming


I dream of owning a shack (ok, maybe more like a modest cottage) by the sea. Yes, a simple summer get-away on the shores of Wellfleet would be just fine with me. I would pack up my car, stock up on fresh veggies at a road side farm stand and "escape" for a day or two with a engulfing novel in hand.



I'm thinking white washed walls, stripped wooden ceilings, and cozy linens. Easy and Breezy.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhcKJjYCfBoLryX5BKn8HTYOYyr-Ibso-fTv7dhfWI3yNN-DnHqonadWj_EOunQc4w84TfLOYi1yCBSccw_-UkFcU6ZJLAnF78a9Z71OS-8wwhptdUQL0AVaKEZ-wgYwpeJJT_jVJb85LI/s320/B+-+White+Beach+Cottage.jpg

I would induce a rustic feeling with a scattering of exposed beams.

and have a kitchen filled with antique tea cups.



And sometimes, I would sneak up during the fall and sit by the fire, relishing in the serenity.



Now wouldn't that just be a dream!



photo credits (not all photos have search-able sources):
I want a house like this The SoH Cottage at Cooks Camps

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful dream! Can't wait to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful images and so perfect for a shack by the sea. I would love to have one one day as well, such a wonderful dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Love these rooms!!

    ReplyDelete