Saturday, August 27, 2011

Come on Irene


Growing up, I spent lots of summers in Miami Beach. Needless to say, I've encounter my fair share of hurricane stake outs. After the ritualistic boarding of windows and securing of porch furniture, our neighbors would gather for an all night hurricane soiree. Good company and good wine was my fathers idea of hunkering. As a child, the anticipation made my toes to tingle. It's been awhile since a hurricane has crossed my path, but Irene's stirring up some pretty familiar feelings, a strange brew of uncertainty and giddieness,



Irene's making everyone feel pretty uneasy. Everyones surely wondering what will come tomorrow evening at around four pm. I'm hoping she'll let off us easy with a gloomy day of rain. But that's thing with hurricanes, you just never know. All we can do is wait. So our advice? "Hunker down" and get cozy with a stockpile of dark and stormies.

The recipes pretty simple. To do like they do in Bermuda:

In a collins glass filled with ice, add:
2 oz Gosling’s Black Seal rum
5 oz of Ginger Beer
Garnish with lime and serve immediately.
Courtesy of epicurious


Be safe everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe and I hope that you weathered the storm safely!!

    If you get a chance this week come over and enter to win a beach glass necklace (link on home page) :O)

    Have a lovely week,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete